“Dissecting Art, Intersecting Anatomy” @ S3 Gallery
On March 9 from 6–10 PM is the highly anticipated opening reception of Dissecting Art, Intersecting Anatomy: Merging Contemporary Art with the works of Pauline Lariviere at S3 Gallery in Chicago, IL 60642. The event will feature the anatomical works of distinguished international artists alongside Lariviere’s historical works.
Pauline M. Lariviere was a French-Canadian artist whose recognition came from her work in medical and anatomical illustrations.
In addition to Pauline M. Lariviere’s original oil paintings and glass plates, the event will present the contemporary works in different media by 23 established artists from across the globe including my very good friend Patch Quinto.
The works from the following US-based and international artist will be presented in the show:
• Alexandra Baker, Ashville, N.C.; pencil and Adobe Photoshop
• Nicholas Baxter, Austin, Tex.; oil on panel
• Sung Jang, Schaumburg, Ill.; hair on canvas
• Whitney Johnson, Chicago; collage
• Vesna Jovanovic, Chicago; watercolor, ink, graphite
• Michael Koehler, Chicago; sculpture/mixed media
• Robyn Maitland, Chicago; acrylic on canvas/glass
• Geno Malusek, Indianapolis, Ind.; photography
• Nathan Mason, Chicago; photography/collage
• Emily Portugal, Chicago; video
• Dan Price, Chicago; sculpture
• Danny Quirk, Springfield, Mass.; watercolor
• Billy Reynolds, Los Angeles, Calif.; oil on linen
• Brandy Rinehart, Chicago; sculpture/mixed media
• Phillip Schalekamp, Chicago; oil/mixed media
• Stephen Shanabrook, Cleveland, Ohio; chocolate
• Andrew Svek, Chicago; furniture/walnut
• Emily Evans, London, UK; pencil
• Alvaro Hidalgo, Viña del Mar, Chile; mixed media
• Patch Quinto, Quezon City, Philippines; pencil and Adobe Illustrator
• Giselle Vitali, Barcelona, Spain; pen, ink, watercolor, colored pencil
For information about “Dissecting Art, Intersecting Anatomy, call (773) 793-7095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dissecting Art, Intersecting Anatomy
Merging Contemporary Art with the Works of Pauline Lariviere
1907 N. Mendell, #4-H, Chicago, IL 60642
March 9–16th, 2013
Diagnosed With Pony
My entry for the Pony Show Off: Digital Film & Poster Art Competition for the year 2012. Click here to like my entry.
The #ISNABERO TEE
These are t-shirts, a super cool tops that is shaped like a letter T. Designed for the illest people on earth who always ignore the people around them. The crafted styles that are suitable for any occasion. Whether it be walking your dog at the park, or taking your girlfriend to dinner, or walking your dog at the park while taking your girlfriend to dinner while chewing bubble gum. Certified 100% douche-free, hipster-free, poser-free, sugar-free, cancer-free and free-free, unlesss, matched with gay fedoras and lame Toms.
P350.00 ONLY. If you are interested, please PM me.
LARRYCHN’s BREAKFAST MUSIC PLAYLIST Vol. 1
Here are the songs that I play when I wake up in the morning before going to work. The songs that set my mood.
1. Grizzly Bear - Two Weeks
2. The Gitch Mob - We Can Make THe World Stop
3. The Prodigy - First Warning
4. The Prodigy - Your’ll Be Under My Wheel
5. Daft Punk - Robot Rock
6. David Guetta and Afrojack - Lunar
7. Snoop Dogg vs. David Guetta - Sweat (David Guetta & Afrojack Dub Remix)
8. A-Trak & Dillon Francis - Money Makin’
9. Nero - Crush On You
10. The Bloody Beetroots ft. Steve Aoki - Warp 1.9
11. Steve Aoki feat Kid Cudi and Travis Barker - Cudi The Kid
12. Swedish House Mafia VS Knife Party - Antidote
13. Skrillex - Bangarang
14. La Roux - Bulletproof
15. Calvin Harris feat Example - We’ll Be Coming Back (R3hab Remix)
16. deadmau5 feat Gerard Way - Professional Griefers
17. Avicii - Silhouettes
18. Martin Solveig - Ready 2 Go
19. Madonna - Turn Up The Radio (Martin Solveig Club Mix)
20. Kaskade feat Mindy Gledhill - Eyes
For the complete list of songs that I enjoyed everyday, please visit my music blog at http://larrylovesmusic.tumblr.com. My music blog is updated daily.
The World Famous Mustaches
Some of the gentlemen who wear their iconic mustaches.
- Adolf Hitler
- Freddie Mercury
- Hulk Hogan
- Lionel Richie
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
- Salvador Dalí
- Mr. T (The A-Team)
- Albert Einstein
- Joseph Stalin
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Super Mario
- Frank Zappa
- Osama Bin Laden
- Jack Sparrow
Quick Art: Friday The 13th, Payday The 15th and Payday the 13th
Today is the 13th of Friday, a date considered to be bad luck in western countries.
Jason Voorhees is there to catch you and slit your throat. hahaha
My Rainy Days Playlist
Here in the Philippines, June is the end of summer and start of the rainy season. Raindrops and thunderclaps are musical to my ears. Rainy days are the perfect time to emote and make me think about life. Here are my personal favorite songs for the rainy season.
1. The Cascades - Rhythm of the Rain
2. The Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
3. Herb Alpert - Making Love in the Rain
4. Tamia - Officially Missing You
5. Corinne Bailey Rae - Another Rainy Day
6. Brenda Lee - Bring On The Sunshine
7. Neil Sedaka - Laughter In The Rain
8. B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head
9. The Beatles - Rain
10. The Everly Brothers - Rhythm of The Rain
11. Madonna - Rain
12. Phil Collins - I Wish It Would Rain Down
13. Bruno Mars - It Will Rain
14. Adele - Right as Rain / Make You Feel My Love
15. Coldplay - Rainy Day
16. Simon And Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water
17. Mariah Carey - Through The Rain
18. Andreas Moe - Collecting Sunlight